Welcome to Rat Control of Oakland! We are California rodent control specialists. Our specialty is rat and mouse control. Our special 32-point process is the single most effective method in the
country for permanently solving rodent problems inside houses and buildings. We are not a typical pest control Oakland rodent exterminator company that treats rodents in a similar way to insects, with repeated monthly
or quarterly poison treatments. That's a never-ending process. We solve the problem ONCE, and PERMANENTLY, by thoroughly inspecting every component of your building and completely sealing
shut all access points, to 100% rodent-proof your house. We physically trap and remove all rats or mice, a process that is completely effective once all access has been closed. The problem
is soved forever, usually in a week or less. Click on our Oakland Prices page to find out more about our prices for rat control work. Or give
us a call any time to schedule an appointment, usually within the next day. We look forward to hearing from you.
Oakland Rat Removal Tip: What Can Rodents Chew Through? What Materials Can Rodents Chew Through?
Rodents, also commonly known as rats or mice, usually chew on materials like metal, wood, glass, plastic, concrete, brick, aluminum and vinyl. Why is that so? Let's examine some of these materials individually below.
1. Wood: Though wood looks hard and may seem difficult for rodents to gnaw on, it is as a matter of fact untrue. Wood material rots easily, especially when the weather is hot or humid. Not only that, rodents find wood attractive to gnaw, as the more they are able to chew off into shreds, the more comfortable their home bedding will be for them to poop and urinate. Rodents also tend to gnaw on wood often to groom their front teeth short yet sharp.
2. Plastic: Plastic is one of the many common materials that rodents prefer to choose. Gnawing on plastic is beneficial for rodents, as it prevents their teeth to overgrow. Additionally, most of humanly-consumed food are packaged in plastic-like material packets. This will attract rodents to chew on such material for their food supply.
3. Aluminum: Aluminum is considered as one of the soft metal types. With rodents' teeth being strong and hard, this soft metal material is one of their favorites to gnaw and chew to keep their teeth trimmed.
4. Concrete: It is not possible for rodents to choose to chew on solid concrete, unless those concretes are under-maintained or have holes. Rodents tend to chew through weak concrete foundation to obtain entry into houses, causing infestation thereafter.
5. Vinyl: For those who may not be aware what vinyl is, it is a man-made plastic material commonly known as Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC). This is often used for water pipes and floorings. In spite of being resistant to humidity and moisture, it is categorized as a stronger plastic material type. However, rodents' teeth are much stronger. Once rodents start to chew and gnaw in their litters, vinyl will be easily corrode.