Rat Control of Eugene

Welcome to Rat Control of Eugene! We are Oregon rodent control specialists. Our specialty is rat and mouse control. Our special 32-point process is the single most effective method in the country for permanently solving rodent problems inside houses and buildings. We are not a typical pest control Eugene rodent exterminator company that treats rodents in a similar way to insects, with repeated monthly or quarterly poison treatments. That's a never-ending process. We solve the problem ONCE, and PERMANENTLY, by thoroughly inspecting every component of your building and completely sealing shut all access points, to 100% rodent-proof your house. We physically trap and remove all rats or mice, a process that is completely effective once all access has been closed. The problem is soved forever, usually in a week or less. Click on our Eugene Prices page to find out more about our prices for rat control work. Or give us a call any time to schedule an appointment, usually within the next day. We look forward to hearing from you.

Call 24/7 to discuss your rat problem.

Same-day or next-day appointments: 541-227-2011

32-point inspection of your property.

Written estimates for rat project.

Fully Oregon licensed and insured.

Rat-proofing repairs with steel.

100% of rodents trapped and removed.

Chewed wire and damage repair services.

Rat dropping cleanup and sanitation services.

Poison-free rodent control methods.

Our Service Range - 541-227-2011

Eugene Rat Removal Tip: Should I ever poison a rat?

While you make think that the easiest method of getting rid of rats may be to throw some poisonous pellets and hope they ingest it, you are actually causing more harm than good. Did you know that rats become more and more immune to poison when they ingest it but don't die? You may be making these rats more immune; therefore, they live longer than expected and they multiply even more. You can never know which poison the rat is vulnerable to because you would never know how immune they already are.

Another issue is that you risk poisoning other animals, even pets. The first risk is exposing the other animals to poison when it was solely meant for the rats. You cannot show you pets or maybe a stray cat or any other animal for that matter, that this pellet is poisonous, do not ingest it. Or put up a sign saying rats only and expect only rats to read it and partake of it. Also, animals or pets may pick up a dead rat pumped full of poison and either play with it or ingest it. They are being exposed to a poison that can potentially kill them as well or make them insufferably ill.

What then happens to the humans who play with these pets, after they have been exposed to the carcass of a poisoned rat? Don't tell me that you scan your dog's face and mouth for poison before he licks you? Even if you can pick up the poisonous scent from your pet, would you be able to pick it up in time before he gets at the children or other guests? Think about it logically, a poison is a no-no from the get go, so take that thought out of your head and throw it in the garbage where it belongs.

A poisoned rat has the potential to die anywhere, and I mean anywhere. You would not be able to predict where the rat would expire as the poison would remain in its system until the effects start occurring. If you place poison for the rat, don't expect that it would die immediately, and you would see it next to where you placed the poison. In fact, because it may be poisoned, and the effects start taking place, it may wander about and your dog may find it. Unknowingly to you or your pet, even though the rat may be alive when it was found, it may potentially be full of poison.

Not to mention the agony that you would put the animal through once the poison is ingested. Yes, rats are rodents that can be deadly and a major nuisance, but they too deserve some form of humanitarian treatment, after all, they are living creatures who are important for the balancing of the ecosystem. Date rats can also cause more creatures to enter your premises, such as blowflies who can continue spawning for generations in your home as well as worms, parasites and other organisms.